Thursday, November 25, 2010

Watercolor Quilt Wall Hanging

For my first post I'm displaying one of my ultimate goals, a finished project. This is the watercolor quilt that I made for my Mom.  Of course, it was her Christmas present from last year and it is now Thanksgiving of the next year, but it is done and delivered!





This wall hanging was made from 2" squares of three different fabrics.  I placed the squares to make the wreath design and then sewed them all together.  This was made really easy by the iron on interfacing I used that had a 2" grid all over it.  You then fold along the lines of the grid and sew at a 1/4" seam.  Sew all the horizontal seams first, then press all the seams one direction and sew all the vertical seams and press.  Add a border and/or binding and presto, a cute wall hanging!  This was very fun to make and actually quite easy....it only took me so long because of all the other projects and activities during the year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment